Wednesday 16 February 2011

Slow Cooker chicken curry

I am trying to use my slow cooker more on busy days, and when I saw the Morphy Richards £4 slow cooker challenge, I knew just the recipe to try.



We love curry in our house, and I have been playing around with curry in the slow cooker for a while. This version usually fills us all up and comes out tasting lovely.

- 4 chicken thigh fillets (£2)
- 1kg potatoes chopped really small ( 50p) based on 2.5kg at 99p in the basics range
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (33p)
- 5 mushrooms (20p) based on 4p each
- 1tsp curry powder / 1tsp cumin / 1tsp coriander (from store cupboard)
- rice to serve (30p)  based on basics range at 60p for 1kg white rice

total cost = £3.33


One tip I can give you is to chop the potatoes up really small as they take a long time to cook. I usually find this curry is perfect on high for about 5 hours or low for 8 hours. You just have to cook the rice before you're ready to serve.

Before



After



Overall taste is lovely. I would probably add some green beans or other vegetable to taste for overall appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment