Saturday 12 February 2011

Shopping bargains

I read a lot about dropping a brand in the supermarkets, and have managed to achieve this with many of the products I buy. Sometimes I am too scared to try the really cheap versions of foods in case they are too horrible for words.

Last week I tried a cheap bag of pasta instead of the supermarket own brand. Reasoning that at 20p per bag for 500g instead of 68p per 500g bag, if it was horrible then I would revert back to the supermarket own brand.

Sneakily I decanted the pasta from the bag into our clear pasta jar. I did this to avoid noises of "I'm not eating cheap pasta" etc from the teenager in the house.

As I went shopping yesterday again, I asked said teenager what she thought of the pasta I bought last week, and she said it was fine. Two more bags dropped into my trolley this week after that comment.


Just goes to show that packaging sometimes really is just that!

Other bargains this week have included a 9 pack of toilet roll for £2.29 in Morrisons. Shame I only bought one bag as they had run out when I went back for more.
Noodles were still on offer at 63p per pack instead of £1.25 so I bought three packs. We eat a lot of noodles in our stir frys and they keep well in the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment