Thursday 10 February 2011

Rounding Down

I firmly believe that not all money saving methods will work for everyone. One that I have found to be very productive for me is rounding down my online bank account every day to the nearest pound. I can't afford to round down to the nearest £10, but I have found that I'm not missing the odd pence in the pound. This is something I now do religiously as I check my bank account every day. I  know where every penny is or has gone to, and at the same time I get the satisfaction of seeing my virtual savings increase.

Realistically you will gain up to £30 per month by doing this. Where would that money have gone otherwise? I can't answer that so for it it's better sitting elsewhere, and then it can be paid off the mortgage when it reaches a decent level.

No comments:

Post a Comment